Fire officials say a candle is the apparent cause of a fire in Greece that broke out early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters say working smoke detectors helped a family escape their burning home early Wednesday in Greece.
Ridge Road firefighter Randy Jensen said firefighters were called to the home at 334 Ballad Avenue just before 2 a.m.
Four people were outside the house when firefighters arrived. Monroe Ambulance treated the four, and as a precaution, transported them to Strong Hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire started in a second-story bedroom and was contained within 30 minutes, but left the home with extensive smoke damage to the second floor.
The Red Cross is providing assistance for the family.