Rochester Gas and Electric says all but a handful of customers knocked out by last week's storm were back on line by late Saturday night. At one point during the peak of the outages, more than 22,000 customers had lost power.
Meantime, Rochester Gas and Electric is advising you to take some steps to stay safe in the colder weather.
They advise you never use a natural gas stove, oven or charcoal grill as an indoor heat source. Also, use carbon monoxide detectors and have a professional check the heating system, chimneys, flues and vents once a year.
If you suspect you have a carbon monoxide system get out of the house and call 911. R G & E customers can also call 1-800-743-1702