Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
Clear Channel in Rochester NY is searching for an Events Manager whose duties would include the following:
- Promote desired images of our radio stations and digital platforms through creative, effective promotions.
- Work with sales and programming teams to help generate ratings and revenue.
- Coordinate and execute station-driven and client-based promotions, specifically on-site events and contests.
- Represent stations at promotional appearances, community events and charitable events.
- Maintain promotional resources/equipment.
- Schedule and supervise part-time employees in promotions department.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Assist in digital content, prize coordination, copywriting, on-air production and other areas related to promotions.
This full-time position requires a non-traditional, flexible work schedule that may vary week-to-week depending on event schedule. Work shifts are primarily weekday afternoons and/or nights, and parts of many weekends.
- At least 6 months of experience in event coordination/management, or related experience in radio, public relations, marketing or related fields
- Must be organized, creative, energetic and outgoing, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude, with an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid social media and web skills necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move in excess of 50 lbs.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
To apply, please visit https://careerchannel.silkroad.com. Search “Rochester NY”, then click on “Events Manager”.