Looking for a new gig with optimum health benefits? Greatist.com has ranked 44 companies that go above and beyond to make employee health and wellness a number-one priority. Here are the Top 5:
- General Electric: GE offers a company-wide HealthAhead program, which includes services for smoking cessation and stress reduction. The company also launched the Go for the Gold initiative for the 2012 Olympics, encouraging employees all over the world to walk and run to reach a million kilometers. Additionally, the GE Aviation employees helped break the world record for the most people doing a fitness band workout.
- Accenture: The high-tech consulting company offers discounted gym memberships, mental health support and an online health coach for personalized care.
- Google: The company headquarters has a giant slide, bikes, volleyball courts and swimming pools. Plus, there are health professionals on-site and the company considered behavioral economics when designing the cafeteria to offer healthy lunch choices.
- Wegmans: The supermarket chain has a 24/7 health hotline and offers employees free flu vaccines plus regular health screenings. The smoking cessation program helped 2,000 employees quit the habit.
- Nationwide Insurance: They’re definitely on your side when it comes to health. There are on-site fitness centers. Parents get a daycare spending account. The company also lets employees play brain-training games during the workday to help reduce stress.